Standing Passengers: Unassumingly excellent
Smack dab in middle of Noble Square’s Chicago Avenue, you can easily miss Standing Passengers walking down the street due to its unassuming facade — but that is part of what makes Standing Passengers so great.
Unlike many other of the new cafes in the city, Standing Passengers doesn’t need to impress you with its decor, crazy coffee concoctions, or Instagrammable furniture. It’s friendly staff, art by local artists, reliable WiFi, and comfortable seating makes it a neighborhood favorite — and also an ideal place from which to get sh*t done.
– Friendly staff
– Affordable coffee & tea options
– Always solid music playing, but quietly enough to tune it out
– Google’s Speed test rates the WiFi here as “very fast”
– Rarely too crowded
– A few pastries to choose from, but otherwise no food options (but they let you bring in food from outside)
– If you’re looking for a high cozy factor, this isn’t it
– INTERNET: 5 out of 5 bars
– COFFEE: 5 out of 5 coffee cups
– FOOD: 2 out of 5 sammies
– AMBIENCE: 5 out of 5
– OVERALL GETTING SHIT DONE: 5 out of 5